We have accomplished quite a lot in our first year. We are very grateful to the tremendous of support from the community, local media, friends, and volunteers who helped make our first year a success. We are currently helping our first recipient realize some of their dreams.
Some of our Accomplishments
- Conquer the Day Website: allows you to read about our events as well as learn about Stefan and other recipients who continue to inspire us
- Social Media: we inform you of events, and reminders about our mission and the value of “conquering each day” via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- First Annual Stefan Pierson Soccer Tournament: a success by all measures – money raised, media coverage, and fun by all. Local business sponsored the tournament so all of the proceeds go directly to helping our recipients. To market our foundation all teams were provide with sponsored team t-shirts. Stefan’s former soccer coach organized volunteer soccer referees, many being local soccer players from Stefan’s alma mater. We were able to host 28 teams, four of which were teams in the first ever high school alumni soccer tournament in Vermont. The day was filled with lots energy as teams ranging from U10 to adults played hard and in honor of loved ones who battled cancer. One high school team won bragging rights until this upcoming July! For those close to Stefan, it was fun to see his friends and teammates, from both his high school and club team, playing in his honor and allowing us to keep Stefan’s generous spirit alive by helping other young adults through our foundation.
- Foundation Launch Benefit Concert at Snow Farm Vineyards: Our formal foundation launch was a benefit concert held at Snow Farm vineyards in August. It seemed fitting that we hold our launch in our hometown in the fields where Stefan would play pickup soccer and along the shores of the lake where Stefan water skied and swam. Kat Wright and The Gang of Thieves graciously donated a portion of their services in kind. Local business donated toward the remainder of the band, production, tent and tables so that all of the ticket sales go directly to helping a young adult battling cancer. Local food trucks also donated a portion of their proceeds to our foundation. It was a wonderful summer evening (in spite of the rain) where all enjoyed good food, music, and dancing while supporting a good cause.
- Shelburne Vineyard: A portion of one of their Thursday evening concert proceeds were donated to our foundation this past November. We were able to spread our mission to more folks as well as enjoy a wonderful Irish band.
- Conquer The Day Cabaret: a talented group of high school students organized and performed the cabaret is past February. They approached our foundation about raising money for our mission. They felt that Stefan was the epitome of living life to the fullest and wanted to honor him while supporting our cause.
Our foundation was covered by the local television stations along with the Burlington Free Press and several of the local papers. The segments were very powerful and so helpful in spreading our mission. Stefan’s hometown papers, The Islander and The Other Paper cover our foundation and Stefan in a very touching manner. We were also interviewed by three local radio stations which helped us get our events underway. Our foundation appreciates and values the support from the media. Thank you.
Helping our First Recipient
In concert with an oncologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center, we selected our first recipient. They were thrilled to be given the opportunity to realize some of their dreams
and we are currently organizing the request.